HD Physical Therapy is OPEN!
Our offices in Wakefield & Burlington are fully OPEN for one-on-one, in-clinic visits. These visits may include, but are not limited to: standard outpatient physical therapy care, plus patients with delayed/postponed/rescheduled surgeries, post-surgical patients, patients requiring manual therapy, patients recovering from COVID-19 and urgent care patients.
We are also still treating some lower acuity and routine patient visits through telehealth, where appropriate. We know that these virtual visits can ensure that some patients continue to progress toward their goals at this time. This option allows for remote patient and therapist contact, assessment, care, advise, education, reminders, intervention and monitoring…a lot of what we do in person.
Also, a combination of both in-clinic and telehealth visits can help some patients that have a plan of care that requires hands-on treatment plus exercises they can complete on their own. This approach usually starts with an initial in-clinic evaluation, then transitions to telehealth. We have various options available to help everyone.
OUR COVID-19 ACTION PLAN
We clean. We screen. We protect. At HDPT we are constantly implementing new policies and procedures to keep everyone safe; it is our first priority. We are practicing legally and ethically, and are adhering to ever evolving local, state and federal recommendations and guidelines.
- We screen patients in-person for COVID-19 symptoms.
- We can take patient temperatures to check for fevers over 100.4F.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms, we kindly ask that you reschedule your visit for 14 days out, or after the elimination of all symptoms.
- All staff members are screened daily for symptoms.
- Any employee presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or that has been in direct contact with someone that tested positive, will be sent home to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Spacing and Distancing:
- We have rearranged our waiting area, removed all sharable objects, and encourage people to now wait outside until their exact appointment time.
- We limit patient interaction and create physical distance of 6′ or more to the greatest extent possible.
- All care is one-on-one with a staff member, at a safe distance from other staff members and patients.
- Non-essential vendors, observers and other individuals are prohibited from entering our clinics.
- A strict hand washing and hygiene protocol is in place for all staff members.
- An enhanced cleaning and disinfecting regimen is in place, including all equipment and high touch surfaces and areas.
- We have hired a professional cleaning and sanitizing company to supplement our efforts.
- Alcohol-based sanitizer is available in both clinics for patient and employee use.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- We require face coverings or masks for all employees and patients.
- Physical therapists wear gloves when providing hands-on care.
REMEMBER THAT HEALTHCARE IS ESSENTIAL
In these challenging times, your health becomes more important than ever. Not just if you’re working toward recovering from an injury or a setback, but also because we know that improving your overall health improves your mood, mindset and overall well-being. Make time for physical therapy.
WHAT IF I’M STILL NOT COMFORTABLE COMING INTO THE CLINIC?
We still offer telehealth services for certain patients. Telehealth is the use of technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance. Telehealth is delivered using video and audio connections on mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers. Governor Baker approved the use of telehealth visits on March 15, 2020 to encourage physical distancing and to allow healthcare providers to safely provide much needed services to the public. In response, we fully expanded our telehealth services.
What Online Platforms Are You Using For Telehealth Services?
Clinicient is the cloud-based, electronic medical record (EMR) service we use at HDPT. They adapted their products and services in response to the COVID-19 crisis, expanding their InsightGO platform. InsightGO allows us to perform telehealth visits directly through our existing documentation software. It allows us to efficiently deliver and document care, from any location. The one-on-one visits will last for approximately 30 minutes each.
We can also perform telehealth services through other online portals. Kindly call the office to learn more about DOXY.ME and G SUITE HANGOUTS MEET options.
What Is The Cost of Telehealth?
At the beginning of 2020, very few health insurers in the United States, and about half of Medicaid programs, reimbursed for telehealth services. However, on March 15, 2020, the Department of Public Health issued a statement saying all commercial insurers and the Group Insurance Commission are required to cover medically necessary telehealth services in the same manner they cover in-person services. Most insurance companies have now adjusted and are covering telehealth visits at the same rate as in clinic visits. The process is still evolving, so we will go over all available options with you, on a case-by-case basis.
Also, for telehealth visits most health insurance companies are waving patient co-pays or any financial responsibilities during this time. Regardless of insurance coverage, telehealth is also always offered as a cash-based service. We are currently following our standard fee-schedule rates for telehealth services.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you during these changing times. We are grateful for your ongoing support and patience, and we will work diligently to continue to assist you throughout your care journey. We will get through this together; let us know who and how we can help.