HD Physical Therapy is Here!
Our offices in Wakefield & Burlington are fully OPEN for in-clinic visits.
We are also still treating some patients through telehealth, where appropriate. We know that these virtual visits can ensure that some patients continue to progress toward their goals. This option allows for remote patient and therapist contact, assessment, care, advise, education, reminders, intervention and monitoring…a lot of what we do in person.
Also, a combination of both in-clinic and telehealth visits can help some patients that have a plan of care that requires hands-on treatment plus exercises they can complete on their own. This approach usually starts with an initial in-clinic evaluation, then transitions to telehealth. We have various options available to help everyone.
OUR COVID-19 ACTION PLAN
We clean. We screen. We protect. At HDPT we are following our policies and procedures to keep everyone safe; it is our first priority. We are practicing legally and ethically, and are adhering to all local, state and federal recommendations and guidelines.
- We can screen patients in-person for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All staff members self-screen daily for symptoms or other risk factors.
Spacing and Distancing:
- We have cleared our waiting area, removed sharable objects, and encourage people to remain outside until their exact appointment time.
- We limit patient-to-patient interaction and create physical distance of 6’ or more to the greatest extent possible.
- Non-essential vendors, observers and some individuals are still prohibited from entering our clinics. The only exceptions are someone providing medical support or someone accompanying a minor.
- We have increased the circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors when appropriate.
- Contactless payment options are offered.
- We have all required COVID-19 written control plans, attestation posters, and employer and worker posters in place.
- A strict hand washing and hygiene protocol is in place for all staff members.
- An enhanced cleaning and disinfecting regimen is in place, including all surfaces that are frequently touched by multiple people, such as door handles, desks, light switches, faucets, toilets, workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, printer/copiers, and drinking fountains.
- We have hired a certified, professional cleaning and sanitizing company to supplement our efforts, including electrostatic spraying.
- 70% alcohol-based sanitizer is available for patient and employee use.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Employees and patients must wear face coverings at all times, except where unsafe due to a medical condition or disability. The CDC recommends washing or disinfecting your cloth mask after each use.
- Physical therapists wear gloves when providing hands-on care, and face shields are available.
REMEMBER THAT HEALTHCARE IS ESSENTIAL
In these challenging times, your health becomes more important than ever. Not just if you’re working toward recovering from an injury or a setback, but also because we know that improving your overall health improves your mood, mindset and overall well-being.
WHAT IF I’M STILL NOT COMFORTABLE COMING INTO THE CLINIC?
We still offer telehealth services for certain patients. Telehealth is the use of technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance. Telehealth is delivered using video and audio connections on mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers. Governor Baker approved the use of telehealth visits on March 15, 2020 to encourage physical distancing and to allow healthcare providers to safely provide much needed services to the public. In response, we fully expanded our telehealth services.
What Online Platforms Are You Using For Telehealth Services?
Clinicient is the cloud-based, electronic medical record (EMR) service we use at HDPT. They adapted their products and services in response to COVID-19, expanding their InsightGO platform. InsightGO allows us to perform telehealth visits directly through our existing documentation software. It allows us to efficiently deliver and document care, from any location. The one-on-one visits last for approximately 30 minutes each.
We can also perform telehealth services through other online portals. Kindly call the office to learn more about DOXY.ME and G SUITE HANGOUTS MEET options.
What Is The Cost of Telehealth?
At the beginning of 2020, very few health insurers in the United States, and about half of Medicaid programs, reimbursed for telehealth services. However, on March 15, 2020, the Department of Public Health issued a statement saying all commercial insurers and the Group Insurance Commission are required to cover medically necessary telehealth services in the same manner they cover in-person services. Most insurance companies have now adjusted and are covering telehealth visits at the same rate as in clinic visits. The process is ever evolving, so we will go over all available options with you, on a case-by-case basis.
Also, for telehealth visits most health insurance companies are waving patient co-pays or any financial responsibilities during this time. Regardless of insurance coverage, telehealth is also always offered as a cash-based service. We are currently following our standard fee-schedule rates for telehealth services.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you during these changing times. We are grateful for your ongoing support and patience, and we will work diligently to continue to assist you throughout your care journey. We will get through this together; let us know who and how we can help.